Thursday, October 22, 2009

Since Then . . .

Frank's Hot Sauce is Not So Hot!

Here is a picture of an oopsie! We keep some overflow pantry items in our laundry room. I was putting some groceries away and accidentally dropped the Frank's Hot Sauce . . . and right before I needed to leave for Wednesday night church! That was not fun to clean up, but now you can't even tell the tragic event took place. I know these are the kind of things most people keep to themselves, but after it was all said and done if was funny to look back at the power contained in a tiny bottle of hot sauce!
A Clean Church

We recently had a church workday. Part of the workday was painting part of the college room.
Eric painting
I did paint . . . here's my evidence. I have a tiny bit of paint on my forehead.After painting, the college group cleaned bathrooms in the childrens building. This is a picture of Eric sporting the backpack vac!

Bravin' It!

Eric and I went to two Braves games in one week. The first game was with our college students.
The second game was with our pastor and his wife. We are so thankful for them! We are also thankful for the birthday Braves tickets Eric received from his mom and dad!Dig in!

Two Sundays in a row Eric had free lunch for college students. We all had so much fun. For those of you from Flat Creek or Erin's school days, yes, that is Andrew Clough and his sister Susan in the picture below. I grew up with Andrew, and he just recently joined our church! Isn't that just so cool how God works?!
A Silly Moe's Moment
As some of you know, we almost always go to Moe's on Sunday nights after church to fellowship with our college kids. We have really gotten to know the staff there, in particular Big Al. He happened to overhear Eric say one night that it would be so funny to wear a silly outfit. Big Al jumped on this one and said he would pay to see that! Well, Eric got his free meal from Big Al a few weeks ago when he wore this outfit to Moe's!Celebrating Pop and Sirena

Several weeks ago I was blessed with the opportunity to spend the day with my dad's side of the family as we celebrated two very special people: my granddad and my cousin Sirena. Enjoy the pictures of our special day together as a family.

Servin' God by Servin' Others

Our church recently had a fall festival. Our college group manned the cotton candy station again, just like we did at the July 4th celebration.
The forecast told of so much rain to come that night, but God prevailed and sent us a sunset instead.Upcoming

The college fall retreat is this weekend! Please pray that God will do a work in the hearts of the 15 college students going, for the band playing, and for the messages our guest speaker will be bringing. For those of you Stony Hill and seminary friends, our guest speaker will be none other than Davin Benavides!!!!!!

3 comments:

Corey said...

So glad to hear an update. Miss you all and so glad you are doing great1

Tara said...

I have loved reading your updates today! We got some of these "scoops" from Eric when he was up here, but it was great to see pictures and hear "your side" of the stories.

Praying for you all this weekend and for Davin! Give them hugs for us!!!

Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

that is awesome!! I miss you guys so very much!