Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Count-down Begins!!!!!!!

The girls we will be hosting for Christmas arrive one week from today!!!!!!!!! We are SO excited (and a little nervous . . . no kids to a 7 and 10-yr. old!). Their room is now set up - I hope to post some pictures later this week. :) I have been busy trying to finalize my school work for the semester so I can just focus on the girls over the break . . . and just have a break. :) Thanks to those who have supported us through donations (toys/clothes/money) and through prayers! Here are some prayer requests for this adventure:

- pray that God will continue to prepare us for the girls and the girls for us
- pray that language barriers will be overcome easily so that we can effectively communicate with the girls (they do not speak English)
- pray that the girls will leave us with a clear understanding of Christ's love for them
- pray for the other 180+ orphans being hosted all across America and for their host families (safe travel, forever families found, understand the true meaning of Christmas, language barriers)

We will do our best to keep you posted!

For more information, visit newhorizonsforchildren.org.

If you have ideas of fun activities we can do with the girls during their visit (Dec. 13-Jan. 14), please post them by clicking "comments" at the end of this post! Eric and I would love to hear from you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness I cannot wait to see pictures! This is such an awesome opportunity!! :0) I hope you guys have a blast! :0)

The Worthey Family said...

Erin, I know you and Eric are so excited!! I can't wait to see the pictures of the girls room! :) Girls between 7 and 10 usually love to bake cookies especially at Christmas, and you are so great at crafts, I am sure that would be a fun activity as well!!

Also, Stone Mountain has alot of fun Christmas things going on and Chase loves to just drive around and look at Christmas lights!! I hope some of these suggestions help! I am sure you will have plenty to do that the girls will love!! We will be praying for you all during this time!!

Norma Miller said...

You can always bring them to grandma & grandpa Millers so we can spoil them reguardless of the langue barrier.

Pam said...

How exciting! We can't wait to see pics, hear stories, and all about their wonderful time here. You guys are going to make such an impact on their lives!

As far as suggestions...let me think...hmmm?