Saturday, February 7, 2009

Moose Tickets Not For Sale!

I'm thinking it's time for a vacation! I have been doing some really silly things this week! Here are the two big ones:

Earlier in the week I "realized" that I had to sell tickets for a wrestling match at school this past Friday night, 1/9. I was so bummed because Eric and I normally go on dates on Friday nights, or spend time with friends. To make sure I didn't forget, I sent myself an email to remind me of my obligation. On Friday I packed enough food for lunch and dinner because I decided that I would just stay at school the whole day. I had great plans to grade and grade and grade until time to work the gate. Around 3:15, while I was grading some quizzes at my desk, I realized something. Friday was the sixth. Not only that, it was also February, not January (1/9). How silly was I! I called Eric and laughed as I told him I would be coming home soon. How did I get 2/6 from 1/9? I have no idea. It gave me a great laugh, though! I got to spend Friday night with my best friend after all!

Tonight Eric asked me to fix a banana smoothie for him while he watched the first NASCAR race of the season. He has been craving one all week. I followed the directions on the package, but the consistency was very odd for a smoothie. I said, "Eric, this smoothie is really milky." I added another banana and some more ice, but that didn't thicken it up much. Eric said that was okay and kindly drank some of his banana "milk". Then I showed him how much "smoothie" was left in the food processor. Eric said, "Erin, you're supposed to make smoothies in the blender, not the food processor." Oops! I thought it looked odd. Well, I knew I had to do something with all that banana milk, so I added half a bag of frozen strawberries to the mix to thicken things up. To my surprise, I made my very first moose! Silly me. What was I thinking? Once again, it gave me a great laugh! It made so much I had to freeze it. We'll see how that goes! Here's a picture of my accidental and silly creation.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Oops! Looked yummy nonetheless!