One day while I was in the dining room entering in grades on my computer, the oldest girl approached me and told me "No kitchen. Surprise." Her saying "surprise" was enough surprise because I did not know she knew that word! I tried my best to stay out of the kitchen and not to peek. :) Several hours later when Eric came home, he was also instructed not to enter the kitchen. Before the girls would allow us to enter the kitchen for our surprise, they mopped the kitchen floor and cleaned up the kitchen! They had us enter the kitchen with our eyes closed and sit with our eyes closed until told otherwise. We opened our eyes to find a bowl of beautifully cut-up fruit. The girls served the fruit to us. Once the fruit was devoured, the girls had us close our eyes again so they could serve us a surprise dessert. They cut up a Three Musketeers bar, cut up an old brownie they found on top of the freezer, and gave us some of their candy (which they had found in our hidden location). They also surprised Eric with some Coke-a-cola. On another occasion, the girls surprised us. These food creations were quite interesting. Here was the menu (I made up the names.):Fruity Yogurt Parfait with all the Extras
Ingredients:
- Trix yogurt
- green grapes
- Trix cereal
- orange slices
- cranraisins
Chilled Soup Surprise
Ingredients:
- Thawed out Del Monte Grape Berry Blizzard Fruit Chiller
- Fruit roll-up
- Grapes
- cranraisins
Oreo Delight
Ingredients:
- open-faced oreo cookies
- shaved Hershey kisses on top
(These were very yummy!)
To drink: Kool-aid made by the girls (our kitchen counters still show the evidence)
The pictures below show the girls working hard on their surprises, some of the wonderful kitchen creations, and me enjoying them.
Not only did the girls enjoy giving surprises, they enjoyed being surprised. Eric and I surprised them one day with a trip to Chuck-E-Cheeses. The girls loved receiving tickets because they could spend them like money that we would not give them. :) We really had a good time! Another surprise not pictured was Eric taking the girls out for crab legs!
We always told the girls, "You are a beautiful princess" or "You are very beautiful." They would always tell us "No" they were not, but hopefully they feel more beautiful leaving than they did when they came. Enjoy the pictures of our pretty princesses. I love the picture on the top right because it really shows just how much fun they were having together.
Below is a group picture on the stairs the girls enjoyed sliding down.
1 comment:
oh I love these pictures!
Post a Comment