Friday, February 12, 2010

Birthday Blessings

My birthday celebration began one day early when Eric surprised me at our college Bible study. He made a birthday powerpoint slide, had the group sing "Happy Birthday" to me, and then pulled out a birthday cake! I was so surprised and loved all of my handsome husband's thoughtfulness!

Eric's thoughtfulness did not end there. On my actual birthday, the birthday fairy came! I woke up to find the most special birthday card ever that was made by my husband. The card was accompanied by a prayer journal and Keith and Kristyn Getty's new cd. That was only the start to an amazing day!

Ever since I was in high school, it seems like something always came up on my birthday. I remember one birthday when I was snowed in with my youth group in a school gym. What a birthday! My second married birthday was spent cleaning out our apartment because we were switching seminary apartments . . . cleaning included slicing my finger open with a curtain rod! Most birthdays either Eric or I had to work. Last year at work I kept forgetting it was my birthday. This year I told Eric that all I wanted for my birthday was for him to be off work so he could spend the day with me. I do not work on Thursdays and Eric took the day off, so we had such a special time together. This was one of my favorite birthdays of all!

Eric and I picked up lunch and ate it in the car at the top of Kennesaw Mountain. This was our lunch view!

We walked from the parking lot look-out point to the very top of the mountain. These pictures capture the view we saw.


You can see Atlanta from the top of the mountain.


What a blessing it was to be surrounded by the Lord's AMAZING creation on my birthday. His fingerprints were all over his handiwork!

The day continued with the start to our new hobby: cycling! Eric and I plan on riding in a bike race in May. Riding bikes that day really reminded me how out of shape I am and that I have a lot of work to do!

We stopped by REI on my birthday, and the bag below just caught my eye. I'm a pretty picky shopper, so it was a big deal that something jumped out at me.
When I went over to examine the bag closer, I saw the label and knew I had to get it!
I loved having birthday money to spend on a special treat!

Treats continued when Eric took me for a romantic birthday dinner.
To our surprise, we discovered that birthday guests receive a free meal! To make our visit to the restaurant even better, we were seated at a curtain booth! The table was surrounded by walls with a small opening for the waitress to serve us. A curtain completely enclosed our table once the waitress had brought us our food. How fun is that . . . a curtain booth! I felt like we were in a little train car or something.


The main meal was delicious, and my free birthday dessert just topped it all off!

A stop at Starbucks began our trip back home. Once at home, we chilled and played Sequence.

The entire day was so special and relaxing. Thanks, Handsome, for my birthday blessings!

4 comments:

Tara said...

Wow! That was quite the birthDAY! What a celebration of a very special lady! We love you, Erin!!!

ME said...

What a fun birthday Erin!!! Eric is so sweet :)

Anonymous said...

awww what a sweet day you had!! miss you!

Pam said...

Sounds like the perfect DAY!
Happy Birthday a little late!