Tuesday, February 1, 2011

What's Up?

Besides Christmas girls, what's up?

I promise - more hosting pictures are coming soon!

I'm on jury duty this week! That's pretty exciting! Well, I basically sit in the juror waiting room and do school work. It's been a nice catch-up time because I got way behind on work when the girls were with us. Now I just need to get ahead. :) Jury duty has been interesting so far. I have learned more about the justice system and have had opportunities to talk to a few people about spiritual matters such as forgiveness.

Church update:
Church is pretty busy, but it's good busy. God is really at work among the people in Kennesaw. Here are some highlights of what God's been up to at KFBC (specifically college):
- college students over for dinner and games
- new technology in the college building
- lots of visitors
- college students starting to come to the Sunday night service
- still going to Moe's on Sunday nights to build relationships with each other and the Moe's staff
- concluding a series about loving the unloved

Family update:
- We completed our FBI background checks last year, but now we are officially starting paperwork to adopt our future daughters! Our first home study visit is February 12th. Please be praying for us as we go through the adoption and fund raising process.

Time with Jesus:
- I used to journal A LOT about my life and about what God was teaching me during my daily time in His Word. In January I started journaling again, and I have loved it! Writing down observations of the passage I am reading keeps me focused and brings to my attention important truths that I may have overlooked before. I'm reading through the book of Joshua right now.

Stay tuned for a funny story about my birthday dinner last Friday night!

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Hi Erin! I love reading your updates and am glad things are going well. I'm a bit out of the loop, but when you talk of adopting your girls, do you mean Masha and Dasha? I'd love to know how we can specifically pray for you in this journey. Keep updating!
Love,
Margaret

Anonymous said...

You guys sure have been busy!