Eric is staying very busy as a KFBC staff member. I am so proud of him! Pampered Chef is going okay for me, but it is very slow getting off the ground. I knew I would need some other income besides Pampered Chef, but I wasn't sure what it would be. I have always loved teaching and have missed be
ing in the classroom, but I knew I couldn't have a full time teaching job like I had in NC because that would take up too much of my "help Eric and spend time with college girl" time. The Lord opened up a door for me to be a part-time teacher (if there is such a thing :) ). In the fall I will be teaching at The King's Academy. It is a private/homeschool academy that only meets two days a week. I will be teaching two tenth grade English classes and one British lit class on Tuesdays and Fridays. Here is the link to the website so you can check out all the details: www.thekingsacademy.org KFBC College/Career Ministry Update
The college/career class has been averaging 18-20 students a week, but not all of the same students. We are both so excited about the relationships we will be able to build with all of them!
Eric just began a new Sunday night college/career event: SNAC (Sunday Night After Church). Guess where? Moe's!!!!!!!!!! As many of you know, Eric LOVES some Moe's! Many of our students love it, too! Our first SNAC event was last night, and we had so much f
un!!! We only had a small group of three college/career students, but we enjoyed our time of laughter together!Eric is beginning another new event for KFBC college/career students: Wednesday night Bible study. The new Bible stu
dy will begin this Wednesday, May 20th at 6:30. The music minister will be leading the students in a time of worship through singing, which will be followed by teaching time with Eric. He will be speaking about the gospel for the next several weeks. Please pray for Eric and the students as this new Bible study begins.Yesterday was a busy Sunday! Not only was it filled with a deacon's meeting, a VBS meeting, and regular Sunday activities, but it was graduation Sunday. The high school seniors were recognized, and then the pastor had them over to his house in the afternoon.
This was an exciting day for us, because we were able to see that we have at least 16 high school graduates at KFBC, which means they will be coming up to the college/career class soon!!!! Please pray that these students will stay firm in their faith and not fall away from church when they graduate. Pray that we will know how to reach out to them. What an exciting time!
2 comments:
SNAC at Moes! Perfect!!!! Glad you all are doing so well- And congrats on the part time teaching job too!
Sounds like things are going well for you guys in Kennesaw!:) I love the SNAC idea...not too sure about the Moes though!! LOL!! I don't know if you have seen our blog yet, but we were voted in this past Sunday as Senior Pastor of Luthersville Baptist Church...We are so excited!! Congrats again on all that is happening with you guys!!
Post a Comment