Thanks to all who have served, are serving, or gave their lives serving our country! Today is Memorial Day, meant to honor those who have fought for our country and even sacrificed their lives for our freedom. How fitting is what I read for my devotions this morning for a day like today: Ephesians 6:10-20. Fighting for America is very important, but fighting for Christ is also important. This passage, written by Paul, a Christian warrior, is about putting on the armor of God: the belt of truth, the breastplate of righteousness, shoes of readiness given by the gospel, shield of faith, helmet of salvation, sword of the Spirit, and prayer. Putting on the WHOLE armor of God is of utmost importance since it allows believers "to stand against the schemes of the devil." It is with God's armor that we can "be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might." May today serve as a reminder of the spiritual battle we face and the armor God provides to fight the good fight. Are you ready for battle?
2 comments:
I LOVE IT! What a wonderful way to show honor to your family members who have served or are serving! I'm so thankful for my family members who were in the armed forces too...and for all the men and women. Great post!!!
What a neat post Erin! I just love the picture of all of your family members who have served. And I love the correlation you made to the battles we fight daily. Love you girl!
Post a Comment