VBS was awesome! We had 20 youth come, and the Lord taught them, as well as the leaders, so much. The students learned about being crucified of self and living completely for God. They learned what it looks like to live for Christ by studying the Fruit of the Spirit. God really confirmed that this was what the students needed to hear because the Sunday school lesson the following Sunday was about the Fruit of the Spirit, and our pastor even preached on the same passage of scripture in the Sunday morning message! Students came up to us and said, "I think God's trying to tell me something." This was not the first time that the Sunday school lesson and the sermon matched up. Eric and I just look at each other and smile when this happens because that is only something God can orchestrate. The same idea of Fruit of the Spirit was also mentioned occasionally at youth camp.
Last week I left Eric as a bachelor for a week while I went with our youth group to Snowbird. Snowbird is an outdoor youth camp in Andrews, NC. Google Snowbird Wilderness Outfitters to find out all the details and other opportunities the camp offers. While at Snowbird, the students and leaders were able to participate in some amazing recreation activities such as whitewater rafting, caving, puddle jumping, zip-line riding, etc. Aside from the fun activities and beautiful mountain view, the Lord worked in amazing ways in the lives of the youth. I was able to speak one-on-one with many of the students about what the Lord was teaching them, and I was so excited about what I heard. Camps like Snowbird are great because they get people away from everyday life, offer times of teaching, provide share times, and make counselors available to each group to work with the students. I am grateful that I had the opportunity to spend a week with amazing youth, watch the Lord work, and be refreshed in my own walk with Christ.
While I was living up camp life, Eric was at home or at work. He stayed busy while I was away. I know he missed me because he had 14 beautiful peach roses on the coffee table for me when I walked in the house. He is such a sweetheart! I'm so thankful that the Lord blessed me with Eric!
So why the posting title "God Has A Sense of Humor"? Well, several months ago we were contacted by Ooltewah Baptist Church in Ooltewah, TN. We had a phone interview with them and several weeks later we found out that they were pursuing another candidate before Eric. When Eric and I found out the news, we thought "Well, I guess it's still not God's timing for us to go through the Ooltewah door." So we spent the following weeks really becoming content with where God has us now. The Lord taught us so much in our time of contentment and waiting. While I was away at camp, Eric received a call from the Ooltewah search committee telling him that the other guy wasn't God's pick for their church and they want to pursue Eric. A phone interview was set up for this past Sunday. At the end of the phone interview, a visit was scheduled for this upcoming week! Talk about fast, but that is how the Lord has always worked with us. He brings us to a place of contentment and moves fast! This opportunity is mentioned to you so you can pray for us and Ooltewah Baptist Church. Please pray that God will give all of us wisdom and discernment to know His divine direction. We are looking forward to seeing what God has in store for us. One of the many things I love about God is that He is still active in His creation and has a perfect plan! I'm so thankful that He is in control!
1 comment:
Erin and Eric- Thanks for all that you did with the youth, both in VBS, Sunday School, and at camp. I'm so glad that you all had a good time.
Praying for you all this week and weekend as you visit the church- Keep us posted!!! Love ya!
Post a Comment