It's here! It's here! Today's the day! We're off to the great place of Ooltewah! We're off and away!
Eric and I have a devotional book that we read together before we go to bed. The title of the devotion for last night was "A Prayer for Discernment". How cool is that! God's perfect timing once again! That devotional was last copyrighted in 2006, but the devotion for July 11 was about what Eric and I needed for 2008! Discernment is exactly what Eric and I need right now in our lives.
One of the passages mentioned in the devotion last night was from James 1, so I read that chapter this morning for my personal time with God. Although I read the whole chapter, I reflected the most on verses 5-11:
But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of god, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But he must ask in faith without any doubting, for the one who doubts is like the surf of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind. For that man ought not to expect that he will receive anything from the Lord, being a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways. But the brother of humble circumstances is to glory in his high position; and the rich man is to glory in his humiliation, because like flowering grass he will pass away. For the sun rises with a scorching wind and withers the grass; and its flower falls off and the beauty of its appearance is destroyed; so too the rich man in the midst of his pursuits will fade away.
Our prayer is for God to give us and the search committee wisdom and discernment. I am so thankful that the Lord gives wisdom generously. Our prayer is also that we will not be after our own pursuits this weekend but instead the pursuits of God. We do not want anything that happens this weekend to be of our own doing but instead completely God's hand at work.
Thank you for your prayers as we visit Ooltewah Baptist Church this weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment